ZUMIEZ ‘Stand Out with CONS’ Submission CONTEST
Dates: 04/15/19 – 05/13/19
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Zumiez ‘Stand Out with CONS” (the “Contest”) begins at 12:01 a.m., April 15th, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. May
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia over the age of thirteen (13). Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. If the winner is under the age of 18, the winner’s parent or legal guardian must give consent. Employees, directors, officers, agents
By entering, entrants release Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, contractors, employees and agents from any responsibility and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, death or damages of any kind caused by participation in the Contest or in connection with acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prizes provided pursuant to the
3. HOW TO ENTER. There is one way to enter the Contest:
A person may enter the Contest by going to the website (Zumiezconnect.com/standout) and following the instructions to enter their work by following the prompt. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entrants must accurately provide all of the requested information to be eligible to enter the Contest and to win. Any and all artwork
submitted must be original and submitted by the original artist. If artwork is not made by the individual submitting the artwork it will be disqualified. Incomplete and/or unintelligible entries will be disqualified.
ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT THE REQUESTED ENTRY INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant’s understanding of, full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of
that provision or of the Official Rules generally.
PLEASE NOTE THAT A HIGH VOLUME OF ENTRIES ONLINE, OR TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH THE
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter, if applicable, will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business,
educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
4. CHANGE OF EMAIL ADDRESS OR CELL PHONE NUMBER POLICY. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to notify Zumiez in writing or by email if the Entrant changes (1) his/her email address or (2) his/her cell phone number. (To do so, write
5. JUDGING CRITERIA. Ten Art submissions will be selected by members of the Zumiez marketing team and Alexis Salbone based upon overall quality, creativeness and uniqueness of the design and the ability to showcase final artwork at the Artist Reception in New York City on June
course of the promotion if requirements are not met to
6. PRIZES. Ten winners will be selected from all eligible entries received. Winners will be selected based on the judging criteria described in section 5. No purchase of any kind is necessary in order to enter the Contest or win any prize, and chances of winning are not enhanced by making any purchases. Prize includes artwork being shown at
location (840 Broadway, New York, NY 10003), on June
One grand prize winner will be chosen from the entrants for a fly-away trip (flight, hotel, transportation, and meals) to be paid for by the Sponsors of this Contest.
Approximate retail value of
Any merchandise included as part of a prize will be selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The depiction of prizes in any advertising or promotional materials may not reflect the actual prize package delivered to the respective winners.
Winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes on the prizes, as well as any and all expenses relative to participation in the Contest or incident to receiving any prize not specified herein. All prizes are “As Is” and no prize substitutions are allowed except at sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are not transferable. Sponsor reserve the right to substitute Prizes with prizes of equal or greater value, if Prizes become unavailable for any reason. Any portion of the Prizes not accepted by the winner will be forfeited.
Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies maintain no control over the personnel, equipment, or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, restaurant, or other person or entity furnishing service, products, or accommodations as a part of the Prize packages. Sponsor shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of those suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors, (2) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service, product, or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished, or otherwise used by any of those suppliers, (3) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor or (4) by any cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sponsor.
7. RIGHTS TO SUBMITTED ART. As a condition of entry into the Contest, the Entrant represents and warrants that the Art submitted by the Entrant is the original artwork of the Entrant and that Entrant has a
to any claim that the submitted Art violates any copyright, trademark, right of privacy or similar right of any party. By submitting Art as part of the Contest, Entrant hereby agrees that it is granting Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide,
8. SELECTION OF WINNERS. If Prize winners have not attained the age of majority in state of residence, the Prize will be awarded in name of prize winner’s parent or guardian. Entry into the Contest shall be deemed
completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized
Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. By accepting a Prize, winners also release Sponsor, its directors, officers, agents, employees, officers and consultants and their marketing and promotion agencies from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the Prize.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected mail, incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, including but not limited to malfunctions, human error, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failures of: any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event this Contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel,
terminate, or suspend the Contest.
Potential winners will be notified within approximately 72 hours after selection by email and/or phone and may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity Release (where legal). If a potential winner does not reply to such notification, the notification is undeliverable after up to three (3) attempts and/or the Affidavit and Releases are not returned as instructed within seven (7) days of their transmission,
In the event that a potential winner is a minor under the age of 18, his/her parent or legal guardian will be notified by email and will be required to sign and return via fax or to an address designated in said email, a Parental Permission Form (signifying permission for the minor to be declared a potential winner) as well as the Affidavit and Releases. In the event that this notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor will attempt to re-send up to three (3) times. If the Parental Permission Form, the Affidavit, and Releases are not returned within seven (7) days of their transmission, or should the email after three (3) attempts be returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All responsibilities of a minor will be assumed by his/her parent/legal guardian. Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to participate.
BY ENTERING, ENTRANTS RELEASE ZUMIEZ INC, CONVERSE, AND ITS RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY RESPONSIBILITY AND ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, DEATH OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND CAUSED BY PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR IN CONNECTION WITH ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THE CONTEST.
All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to be bound by these official rules and by the decisions of the Contest administrators which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
10. MISCELLANEOUS. For a copy of the winners’ names, send a